Community Support Opportunities
Enlivant is seeking a Cook at Cherryvale Place
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 200 assisted living residences comprising more than 9,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 5,000 people.
We welcome you to become a part the team today and discover the fantastic career opportunities we have available. Join us on our quest to become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
We will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun. The Cook is responsible for dining services at an Enlivant community.
- Ensures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to food service within the communities
- Responsible for overall kitchen management including food ordering and budgeting
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and safety standards, ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly arranged
- Prepares and assists with serving meals
- Cooks a vairety of meals for approximately 40 residents
- Ensures a high degree of resident satisfaction at the community
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year of senior living, skilled nursing facility or hospitality experience in a dietary role
- High School diploma or GED or 1-2 years experience
- The ability to maintain inventory control, to place food orders, and to verify, stock and rotate inventory
- Understanding of state sanitation codes
- The ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds), 30 pounds regularly
- The ability to spend long periods of time on your feet
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in cooking for large groups preferred
- Exemplify and be an influential team player
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Keywords: Chef, Cook, Food service, dining services, utility, sous chef, cafeteria, dietary aide, food prep, executive chef, restaurant, banquet, culinary, Rockford, Beloit, Machesney Park, Belvidere, Loves Park, Roscoe, Rochelle, South Beloit, Oregon, Winnebago, Byron, Genoa, Cherry Valley, Clinton, Rockton, IL