Director of Nursing – Assisted Living
Enlivant is seeking a Director of Nursing at Big Springs Place in Cedartown, GA
We believe taking care of America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but a true honor and privilege. With over 230 communities, we are striving to be the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. Our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion.
We are a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry, but also with our employees. Our Benefits Plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce with competitive medical, dental, vision packages, and a 401k with a company match. We also offer a generous unlimited paid time off program.
We provide personalized training, both face-to-face and online, to ensure employees are prepared for their roles, in compliance with state regulations, and are up-to-date on industry best practices and resources. Through our Learning Management System (LMS), all Enlivant employees have access to state-required regulatory courses, Memory Care courses from industry leader Teepa Snow, professional development and soft skills courses, and Continuing Education courses.
We invite you to start a rewarding career and make a difference in the lives of seniors today.
As the Director of Nursing, we will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun. You are responsible for providing quality nursing oversight at an Enlivant community.
- Ensures quality resident care is consistently delivered in accordance with all local, state and federal guidelines
- Partners with the Executive Director on recruiting, hiring, new hire orientation, training and in-services for the Resident Care Partners, Medication Assistants, LPNs and Lead Resident Care Partners
- Collaborates and partners with physicians, pharmacy and other medical professionals to promote quality care and independence for our residents
- Conducts comprehensive resident pre-admission, admission and quarterly assessments
- Provide on-call support for the community
- Ensures compliance, efficiency and team’s understanding of policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Maintains a current/unencumbered RN or LPN / LVN license in the state
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical and supervisory experience in long term care, community based care or assisted living/memory care
- Quality assurance/improvement and staff development experience
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Previous experience as a Caregiver, Health and Wellness Director, Charge Nurse or Director of nursing
- Exhibit good time management and organization skills
- Possess the ability to handle complex issues
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.