Server | Part-Time
Community Support Opportunities
Enlivant is seeking a Server at Chapman Place in Fort Wayne, IN
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people.
We welcome you to become a part the team today and discover the fantastic career opportunities we have available. Join us on our quest to become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
The Server will provide assistance to the Chef and Assistant Chef(s) while supporting the Dining operations for the community. This individual would assist with the initial food preparation, beverage service and other necessary cleanup.
- Assist in prepping meals for cooking.
- Pour beverages per resident choice as the residents are seated in the dining room for each meal.
- Ensure that condiment containers are clean and filled.
- Obtain meal selection from resident and deliver meal selection to cook for service.
- Deliver filled plates to tables.
- Assist residents with dining needs during service.
- Serve meals in courses, removing soiled dishes from one course before providing next.
- Assist with prepping meals/snacks and plating food/modifying textures in kitchen, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must work a full shift, come to work on time, and work overtime as needed.
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to take direction from the Chef
- Ability to work well with memory care team
- Able to handle preparation duties
- Able to assist in memory care with plating and serving
- Must align with Enlivant’s mission, vision, values
- Experience with food service in a Server, Dietary Aide, or food prep role
- Experience in senior living, restaurant or banquet setting helpful
- Previous experience in assisted living/memory care.
- The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities.
- Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests.
- ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate (obtain within 90 days of employment)
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.