Assistant Chef (Cook)
Community Support Opportunities
Enlivant is seeking an Assistant Chef at Davenport Place in Silverton, OR
$400 Sign On Bonus!
Full-Time | Day Shift
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people.
We welcome you to become a part the team today and discover the fantastic career opportunities we have available. Join us on our quest to become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
We will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun. The Assistant Chef is responsible for assisting the Chef with dining services for our residents at an Enlivant community.
- Ensures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to food service within the communities
- Maintaining kitchen sanitation, safety standards, and ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly arranged
- Prepare and assist with plating meals from scratch
- Ensure a high degree of resident satisfaction at the community
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience with food preparation including cooking and plating meals
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds unassisted
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with dining services in a Chef, Cook, Sous Chef or Dietary Aide role
- Experience in senior living, restaurant or banquet setting helpful
- CPR/First Aid Certified – can be obtained upon employment
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.