Life Enrichment Coordinator
Enlivant is seeking a Life Enrichment Coordinator at Kokomo Place in Kokomo, IN
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people.
We welcome you to become a part the team today and discover the fantastic career opportunities we have available. Join us on our quest to become the nation’s most trusted senior living provider.
We will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun.As the Life Enrichment Coordinator, you will be responsible for planning activities based on our residents’ interests, needs and abilities to enhance their quality of life.
- Develops a Life Enrichment program based on our residents’ interests, needs and abilities, enhancing their wellness and quality of life
- Creates a Life Enrichment calendar that highlights the scheduled activities, events and outings
- Establishes and maintains a volunteer program through recruiting and provides training and support for our volunteers
- Completes new resident and quarterly assessments to identify our residents’ interests
- Additional duties as assigned
- Certified Life Enrichment Coordinator
- Minimum of one year senior living, hospice, in-home health care, or skilled nursing experience in a therapeutic recreation and / or senior activities role
- Must have a driver’s license
- Will need to have exceptional problem-solving and time management skills
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous experience with planning resident programs, event planning and/or guest services
- Exemplify and be an influential team player
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.