Memory Care Manager
Enlivant is seeking a Memory Care Manager at Big Springs Place in Cedartown, GA
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people.
- SUMMARY: The Memory Care Manager (MCM) is responsible for ensuring the Enlivant person-centered philosophy and culture is implemented and practiced within the Memory Care program. The MCM will plan, direct and evaluate the overall program as well as coordinating, training, supervising and coaching memory care staff. The MCM will play a pivotal role in planning and conducting programming. This role will partner with the Executive Director and the Community Relations Manager by establishing nurturing relationships with the families and the community.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide oversight of the Memory Care programming and resident engagement including programming, creating and evaluating calendar of events 7 days per week
- Interview and onboard memory care staff (including RCPs and LECs) in partnership with the leadership team. In some instances and depending on the size/scope of the building, the MCM will supervise other memory care staff at the community.
- Conduct programming in partnership with the Memory Care Life Enrichment Coordinator, LEC team members and RCPs
- Conduct monthly Memory care training
- Implement, follow and ensure Enlivant memory care program guidelines are met
- Host family meetings on a regular basis that include education, support and social programs
- Coordinate assessments, on-going evaluations, and family care conferences in partnership with the CSM
- Partner with Chef and food service team members related to memory care modified menu and meal service
- Continually evaluate effectiveness of program and demonstrate ability and implement changes as necessary to maximize effectiveness and impact
- Plan, organize, and implement events internally and externally
- Maintain all standards relative to state licensure
- Other Duties as assigned
- EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Related degree or experience in the memory care arena
- Experience working with persons with dementia/Alzheimer’s and related memory disorders
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with related program implementation and leadership
- Fluency with computer programs such as Outlook and MS Word.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to utilize the technology components of the memory care resident programming software/system
- The ability to work a full shift and come to work on time
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- A four year degree in therapeutic recreation, nursing or other social service area preferred
- Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests
- Maintain humility
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.