Life Enrichment Assistant | Part-Time
Community Support Opportunities
Enlivant is seeking a Life Enrichment Assistant at Northstar Place in Kennesaw, GA
At our core, we believe the care and service for America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but also an honor and a privilege. By combining our fundamental values with our mission to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities, we seek to earn the right to be viewed as the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. We employ compassionate people with integrity who embody excellence and promote these values.
Enlivant and its subsidiaries operate more than 230 assisted living residences comprising more than 11,000 resident units across the United States. Enlivant assisted living residences are intimate, vibrant communities where our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion. Enlivant employs nearly 7,000 people
As a Life Enrichment Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Life Enrichment Coordinator in creating and maintaining a Life Enrichment Program built from the guidelines set forth by the company, specifically focusing on person-centered and meaningful activities for individuals with varying levels of dementia and cognitive abilities.
- Assist with initial assessments with family members and residents
- Help prepare and post monthly newsletter and calendar of programs and events
- Work with the Life Enrichment Coordinator to distribute the calendar to residents, families, volunteers, leads and appropriate referral sources
- Encourage care partners, resident and family involvement in planning monthly calendar and participating in activities
- Ensure staff assistance and participation with daily group programs
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a volunteer program
- Provide training and support for volunteers
- Additional duties as assigned
- Possesses good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required
- Possesses good interpersonal communication skills; Ability to work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record history
- Must work a full shift, come to work on time, and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Previous experience in memory care, senior living, hospice, in-home health care, skilled nursing experience, or a therapeutic recreation and / or senior activities role
- Experience with event planning and creating a monthly activity calendar for Resident programs
- The ability to complete initial assessments to identify our residents interests
- The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests
- Maintain humility
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.